With Spring upon us – avocado season has officially sprung. We thought we would share some of our favourite avo toast accompaniments.
- Poached eggs – or fried – layer your avo, put the egg on top an enjoy that runny egg.
- Lemon, salt, pepper and chili flakes – layer avo and then add salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Add a generous squeeze of lemon on top.
- Smoked salmon – Layer together avocado, smoked salmon, thinly-sliced red onion, and fresh sprigs of dill. And if you like, add capers too.
- Strawberry and balsamic vinegar – Layer avocado and sliced fresh strawberries. Then drizzle with a little bit of balsamic vinegar.
- Peach and honey – Layer together avo and thinly sliced ripe peaches, then drizzle the whole thing with a little bit of honey.
- Vegemite – an Australian classic
- Mango and lime – Layer together avo and fresh mango chunks, then top with zest and juice from a lime. This is also delicious with fresh pineapple or papaya!
- Radish and Feta – Layer together ripe avocado, thinly sliced radishes, and crumbled feta. Top the whole thing with black pepper.
- Caprese avo toast – This is like the toast version of Avocado Caprese Salad! Layer together ripe avo, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil leaves. Top with pepper and a drizzle of olive oil (and/ or balsamic, too).